UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017, UPSC Syllabus for Prelims & Mains, Download UPSC CSE Exam Pattern In PDF, UPSC CSE Exam Pattern and Syllabus in PDF, UPSC CSE Syllabus 2017, UPSC, UPSC Civil Services, upsc syllabus 2017 pdf
The Union PSC Civil Services has announced the UPSC Civil Services (CSE) Examination 2017. The UPSC has released recruitment notification to fill 980 various vacancies in Group A & Group B Cadre. A huge number of candidates were applied for this exam. UPSC CSE is one of the major exams which held every year. Candidates who want to become Govt Job must have qualified in this examination. Here we will provide you all required details about UPSC CSE 2017 Syllabus and Exam pattern. And you can also get these details from official websites (www.upsc.gov.in). By this you can gain the subject knowledge along with time management skills. We also provide the UPSC CSE Syllabus 2017 for the candidates who are going to attend the UPSC Exam 2017.
UPSC CSE Exam 2017 Details
- Organisation Name: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Name of Exam: UPSC CSE Exam 2017
- Name of Posts: Civil Services
- Total Vacancies: 980 Posts
- Starting Date to Apply: 22nd February 2017
- Last Date to Apply: 17th march 2017
- Apply Mode: Online
- Selection Process: Written Exam (Prelims & Mains), Interview
- CSE Prelims Exam Date: 18th June 2017
- CSE Mains Exam Date: 28th October 2017
- Job Location: India
- Category: UPSC CSE Syllabus 2017
- Official Website: upsc.gov.in
UPSC Syllabus 2017 PDF
The UPSC conducts the Civil Services Exam 2017 Prelims in the month of June. So, here we provide the detailed syllabus for UPSC Syllabus for Prelims and UPSC Civil Services Syllabus for Mains. Candidates who are searching for the UPSC CSE Syllabus can get the complete UPSC Syllabus from here. UPSC Civil Services exam 2017 is for different posts. There will be a separate syllabus for IAS, IPS, IFS, Grade other cadres. Here we are going to provide the complete UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017 pdf to download. So, candidates can either download the UPSC exam syllabus or note down the subject topics for exam preparation. The UPSC conducts 2 exams to select candidates. Hence, read this article very carefully to get UPSC CSE Syllabus 2017.
- Preliminary Examination (Prelims)
- Paper- I
- Main Examination (Mains)
UPSC CSE Prelims Exam Pattern 2017
- The UPSC CSE Examination shall comprises of 2 compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- The Question papers will be Objective Type (MCQ).
- The General Studies Paper-II Examination will be a qualifying paper in CSE Prelims exam.
- The Civil Services Prelims Exam paper will be set in both Hindi & English.
- The Exam duration will be of 2 hours.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern 2017
|Paper A||Indian language Selection||300 Marks|
|paper B||English||300 Marks|
|Paper to be count for Merit|
|Paper 1||Essay||250 Marks|
|paper 2||General Studies- I||250 Marks|
|paper 3||General Studies- II||250 Marks|
|paper 4||General Studies- III||250 Marks|
|paper 5||General Studies- IV||250 Marks|
|paper 6||Optional Subjects Paper 1||250 Marks|
|paper 7||Optional Subjects Paper 2||250 Marks|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
The above provided UPSC Exam Pattern helps to know the structure of the UPSC 2017 CSE Prelims and Mains examination. In below sections, we will discuss the UPSC CSE Syllabus 2017.
UPSC CSE Prelims Exam Syllabus 2017
UPSC Civil Services for Prelims exam mainly consists of two papers, Paper-1&2. The topics that are covered in these two papers are enclosed below.
|1||Current Event of National & International importance|
|2||History of India & Indian National Movement|
|3||Indian and World Geography|
|4||Indian Polity and Governance|
|5||Economic and Social Development|
|2||Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills|
|3||Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability|
|4||Decision-making and Problem-solving|
|5||General Mental Ability|
|6||English Language Comprehension Skills|
UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2017 Mains Exam
UPSC CSE syllabus for Mains Exam mainly consists of 5 papers, Paper I to V. And Paper VI to VII are the optional subject syllabus. The nature and standard of questions in the General Studies papers (Paper II to Paper V) will be such that a well-educated person will be able to answer them without any specialized study.
The scope of the syllabus for optional subject papers (Paper VI and VII) for the examination is broadly of the honours degree level i.e. a level higher than the bachelors’ degree and lower than the masters’ degree. In the case of Engineering, Medical Science and law, the level corresponds to the bachelors’ degree.
Paper – I
- Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics.
- They will be expected to keep closely to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in orderly fashion and to write concisely.
- Credit will be given for effective and exact expression.
Paper – II
UPSC CSE Mains Paper II mainly consists General Studies-I.
|General Studies – I|
- Indian Heritage & Culture
- History & Geography of the World and Society
Paper – III
The Paper III mainly consists General Studies – II.
|General Studies – II|
- Social Justice
- International Relations
Paper – IV
The Paper IV mainly consists General Studies- III.
|General Studies – III|
- Economic Development
- Security & Disaster Management
Paper – V
The Paper V mainly consists General Studies- IV.
|General Studies – IV|
Paper – VI and Paper – VII
Optional Subject Syllabus for Mains Examination
|5||Commerce and Accountancy|
|17||Political Science and International Relations|